Is Kopa real

This is for those TLK topics that seem to cause a lot of controversy and debate. Most of these are concepts that are left to mystery, for the most part, and the real answers are anyone's guess. (i.e. Nala's/Kovu's fathers, discussion of the validity of book characters, etc.) Any topics of this sort made in any other areas will be moved here.

Moderators: Sparrow, Rogue, S&SFan

Re: Is Kopa real

Postby SimbaFan21 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Here's an example...

First pic is when she first meets Simba
Second is when she is waking Timon...

I put closer shots on the right hand side!
ImageImageImage
SimbaFan21
Simba Lover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kieran » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

In the books, yes--in the movies, no.

As the movie itself doesn't give a name or gender to the cub and its creators called it a unisex name "Fluffy" and gave no gender--and then then the sequel film's makers used "Fluffy" for baby Kiara in their official trailer. Making it literally official that the TLK cub is Kiara in essence. ^^
MY FORMER username was ElChivato

X THE LION KING ORIGIN FORUMS: A forum for those who
like to seperate the movie universe from the book universe like Disney does.
by AudreyHorse at dA
Kieran
Young Cub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hydro » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm

ElChivato wrote:In the books, yes--in the movies, no.

As the movie itself doesn't give a name or gender to the cub and its creators called it a unisex name "Fluffy" and gave no gender--and then then the sequel film's makers used "Fluffy" for baby Kiara in their official trailer. Making it literally official that the TLK cub is Kiara in essence. ^^

Theoretically, it works, but no one can deny the fact that the cub in TLK looks very much like a male cub, at least to my eyes... :P

From the top of the highest cloud,
to the bottom of the deepest ocean,
from the anguish of the saddest moment,
to the joy of the brightest day.
Through the distance and the darkness,
we go on and on,
Twilight, take my hoof, lets go,
into the realms of our world, unknown.<3

Apologize - OneRepublic - Piano Cover by Hydro
Hydro
Pride Moderator
Pride Moderator|Pride Moderator|Pride Moderator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mood: Sad

Postby Kieran » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Hydro wrote:
ElChivato wrote:In the books, yes--in the movies, no.

Theoretically, it works, but no one can deny the fact that the cub in TLK looks very much like a male cub, at least to my eyes... :P

It does indeed but then again its design has two very essential details that keeps it from being a definite boy:
1.) The ear rings. There's a chance that in TLK canon universe, baby girls had the ear rings and baby boys didn't, because the only known baby boy, (Simba), didn't have them while females too may have ear rings, as Simba's mother proves.
2.) The fruit juice is part of the blessing ceremony. Baby boy Simba had it on his forehead at the moment when Rafiki held him up, but Fluffy doesn't have it at that point, and this essential difference must have an in-story reason--which the sequel made to be about the gender.

I'm sure they made those detail differences in order to keep the design genderless for a possible sequel. not wishing to limit the sequel makers' free hands, while they themselves apparently didn't care to decide the gender. :)

by AudreyHorse at dA
Kieran
Young Cub

Postby Hydro » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm

...Oh wow, judging by the level of detail you go into in all of your posts here, you really know your TLK, big time. XD

I haven't watched it for quite a time now (Don't have em anymore), so I cannot currently think of any useful replies at this point, sorry for my noobieness. :P

By the way, I believe I have not welcomed you to the forum. Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay! ^^

From the top of the highest cloud,
to the bottom of the deepest ocean,
from the anguish of the saddest moment,
to the joy of the brightest day.
Through the distance and the darkness,
we go on and on,
Twilight, take my hoof, lets go,
into the realms of our world, unknown.<3

Apologize - OneRepublic - Piano Cover by Hydro
Hydro
Pride Moderator
Pride Moderator|Pride Moderator|Pride Moderator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mood: Sad

Postby Kieran » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Yes, I usually dig into every single little detail and official information about fandoms/characters/relationships that I love, and then form my theories applying to them. And I've been in love with TLK since it first came out on VHS. :)

And thank you, I hope I enjoy it here too. ^^

by AudreyHorse at dA
Kieran
Young Cub

Postby kiaralover » Mon May 09, 2011 3:50 pm

no. he is real only in the book comic universe. he IS FANON IN THE MOVIE UNIVERSE ! the cub is not a male ! it is a female , kiara / fluffy . i am not saying kopa is not real , he is , but only in the book /comic univerise , and NOT IN THE MOVIE UNIVERISE ! on mlk , they show a digaram that shows kopa is fanon , being in the book /comic universie ! HE IS NOT CANON ! and the storybooks are wrong ! i have the viewers eye for stuff ! http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtop%20...%2076&t=16161
Last edited by S&SFan on Mon May 09, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing the link
Who says you can't be a fan of Non- Animated movies? Twister fan since 2001 and proud.
kiaralover
Lioness

Mood: Cool

Postby knarrly » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:13 pm

I am just bumping this thread to the top, and bringing its existence to attention. There have been off-topic postings in other Kopa related threads. This one's actual purpose IS to debate Kopa's existence. :) Thanks!

Life/Medical Updates on my Blog (newly designed in 2013!):
knarrly
Pride Admin
Pride Admin|Pride Admin|Pride Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mood: Tired2

Postby kiaralover » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:20 pm

[url][/url] http://www.animationsource.org/lion_kin ... id_film=13 link here. anyway , the cub in the end of tlk is NOT KOPA ! here's why :
today i will be dissusing about kopa. and why he is not the cub in the end of tlk.

therorie # 1: '' zira murdered him ''

that therioe is not possible ! 1. did we see any outsiders in tlk ? espislly zira ? no. what year was kopa existant ? 1994 in those lion king six new adventures books. zira ? 1998 in simba's pride. nuka was a teenager in tlk2:sp right ? then that would make it impossible for zira to murder kopa , 4 year gap , right ? that would make kopa a teenager , or a young adult , and there for , he would be able to defend for himslef. and disney for sure would not show viloace in there animated flims , right ? so that therie is proved wrong ! and , who did zira really want to kill ? simba ! NOT''kopa''

NEVER KOPA !

therie # 2: kopa + vitani

that is also wrong ! like i said with zira , 4 year gap ! 1994 - 1998 ? kopa would be either a teen or a young adult when vitani was a cub ? O.o that would also be gross ! that therie , also proved wrong !

therie # 3: '' the cub in the end of tlk is a boy , the books say so.''

that theie is also wrong ! just becuase those books where written for tlk , does not mean those books where right. matter and fact , those books where not writtin by tlk's flim makers. they where made by people who loved the movie , and made books after the flim was relased. far as books , like the art of the lion king and other books made by the flimmaker's , they the cub was a genderless , fluffy. NOT KOPA ! and this link was written in 1993 , a year before tlk was released. they clearly state that the cub was just a ''newborn cub ''. tons of evidance there.

THERIE # 4 : '' THE CUB IN THE END OF tlk is different than tlksp''

not true ! in fact the animatiors that made simba's pride where different people !

therie # 5 : '' the cub in the end of tlk is a male ''

not true ! the cub probully got the ear rims from sarabi. [don't tell me sarabi male now ? ] and it did not have the paint on it's forhead , again , female trait. the cub's chest connected all the way , another female trait. the cub's paws where close , another female trait , meaning , THE CUB IN THE END OF TLK IS FEMALE , FLUFFY / KIARA!
Who says you can't be a fan of Non- Animated movies? Twister fan since 2001 and proud.
kiaralover
Lioness

Postby WildSimba » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 pm

kopahater wrote:no. he is real only in the book comic universe. he IS FANON IN THE MOVIE UNIVERSE ! the cub is not a male ! it is a female , kiara / fluffy . i am not saying kopa is not real , he is , but only in the book /comic univerise , and NOT IN THE MOVIE UNIVERISE ! on mlk , they show a digaram that shows kopa is fanon , being in the book /comic universie ! HE IS NOT CANON ! and the storybooks are wrong ! i have the viewers eye for stuff ! http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtop%20...%2076&t=16161

That diagram was in-accurate, first off, considering Shenzi was in the unofficial part, while Banzai and Ed were in the Canon sections. As far as I'm concerned though, the cub at the end looks nothing like a girl, and it really doesn't take common-sense to even realize it looks nothing like Kiara as a cub. It looks more like Simba, making it more likely to be Kopa in the first place.
DARK CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And then one fine morning— So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
WildSimba
Mini Pride Moderator
Mini Pride Moderator|Mini Pride Moderator|Mini Pride Moderator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mood: Happy

Postby Kieran » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Going into more detail than in my first reply to this topic.

Kopa is not real for the movies because...

It's a fact that the cub's creators did not confirm it a boy or a girl as in left it genderless.
---> As in it's not Kopa because it's genderless.

It's a fact that its original creators called it Fluffy and not Kopa.
----> As in it's not Kopa because they named Fluffy while Kopa already existed in the books. As in if it was Kopa now they naturally would've said so instead of giving it a unisex nickname.

It's a fact that TLK2's production used this genderless Fluffy for baby Kiara in their film's official trailer.
----> As in it's not Kopa because it was blended into a girl Kiara in official footage IN the movie universe.

It's a fact that TLK2 film itself doesn't mention Kopa or any sibling whatsoever.
-----> As in it's not Kopa because the film doesn't involve Kopa in any shape or form while Fluffy has also been blended into Kiara in official footage.

^Thus, it's a fact that Kopa never existed in the movies but only in a few books.

by AudreyHorse at dA
Kieran
Young Cub

Postby Josh Coleman94 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:04 pm

The character is real, however he wasn't created by the same writers who wrote the first film. It was only shortly after the films release in '95 that there were 6 books written about Kopa, (The Lion King 6 new adventures). The Disney producers stated that the cub at the end of TLK is Kiara.I honestly believe this as if he was killed by Zira or any other theories then this would affect the second film in some way or another.
Josh Coleman94
Infant Cub

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby shadowthelion » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:30 pm

i think simbafan21 is right kopa is stell alive and that will be cool if they have a movie
shadowthelion
Infant Cub

Mood: In Love

Postby Yks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 pm

shadowleopard10 wrote:i think simbafan21 is right kopa is stell alive and that will be cool if they have a movie

Again in movie universe there doesn't exist Kopa, and that's it, end of discussion. If they ever made a movie about Simba's son I highly doubt disney would name the son as Kopa.
Yks
Lion

Mood: Cool2

Postby kiaralover » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:55 am

finally another person gets my point.
kiaralover
Lioness

Postby Yks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 am

kiaralover wrote:finally another person gets my point.

Yep, we're the smart ones ;) ...good that we agree on this matter :)
Yks
Lion

Mood: Cool2

Previous

Return to The Conspiracy Theory